Effective Date: December 1, 2015
The Policy describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we share it, and the rights of and choices available to individuals regarding our use of their information. We also describe the measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices and to exercise your rights. Our privacy practices may vary among the countries in which we operate to reflect local practices and legal requirements. You can view certain country-specific information by clicking here.
Click on one of the links below to jump to the listed section:
- Information We Collect
- Information Collected By Automated Means
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- Interest-Based Advertising
- Information We Share
- Your Rights And Choices
- Notice To California Residents
- Data Transfers
- How We Protect Personal Information
- Links To Third-Party Sites, Apps and Services
- How To Contact Us
We collect personal information about you in various ways, such as through our Sites and social media channels; at our events and through phone and fax; through job applications and in connection with in-person recruitment; and in connection with our interactions with clients and vendors. We may collect the following types of personal information (as permitted under local law):
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number);
- username and password when you register on our Sites;
- payment information (such as payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code);
- geolocation data in connection with certain features of our Sites, such as the Manpower Jobs mobile app;
- information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact; and
- other information you may provide to us, such as in surveys or through the “Contact Us” feature on our Sites.
In addition, if you are an associate or job candidate and you apply for a position or create an account to apply for a position, we may collect the following types of personal information (as permitted under local law):
- Employment and education history;
- language proficiencies and other work-related skills;
- Social Security number, national identifier or other government-issued identification number;
- date of birth;
- bank account information;
- citizenship and work authorization status;
- disabilities and health-related information;
- results of drug tests and criminal and other background checks;
- benefits information;
- tax-related information;
- information provided by references; and
- information contained in your resume or C.V., information you provide regarding your career interests, and other information about your qualifications for employment.
In addition, we may collect information you provide to us about other individuals, such as information related to emergency contacts.
Information Collected By Automated Means
When you visit our Sites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we may collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our Sites, dates and times of visits to our Sites and other usage statistics. A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and is used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we may obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting personal information using cookies or similar automated means.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our Sites, such as social media sharing tools, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. Subject to applicable law, ManpowerGroup is not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
We use the information described above to perform the following activities (as permitted under local law):
- Providing workforce solutions and connecting people to work;
- creating and managing online accounts;
- processing payments;
- managing our client and vendor relationships;
- sending promotional materials, alerts regarding available positions and other communications;
- communicating about, and administering participation in, special events, promotions, programs, offers, surveys, contests and market research;
- responding to individuals’ inquiries;
- operating, evaluating and improving our business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing and improving our services; managing our communications; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protecting against, identifying and seeking to prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
- Provide you with job opportunities and work;
- provide HR services to you, including administration of benefit programs, payroll, performance management and disciplinary actions;
- provide additional services to you, such as training, career counseling and career transition services;
- assess your suitability as a job candidate and your associate qualifications for positions; and
- perform data analytics, such as (i) analyzing our job candidate and associate base; (ii) assessing individual performance and capabilities, including scoring on work-related skills; (iii) identifying skill shortages; (iv) using information to match individuals and potential opportunities, and (v) analyzing pipeline data (trends regarding hiring practices).
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at or prior to the time of collection.
In addition, we use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ use of our Sites; (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users use our Sites; and (iii) managing our Sites and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
We also use third-party analytics services on our Sites, such as those of Google Analytics and Adobe Omniture. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze your use of our Sites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Sites. To learn more about these analytics services and how to opt out, please visit the following sites and any sites contained in the country-specific addenda:
Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Adobe Analytics: http://www.adobe.com/privacy/analytics.html#1
You may see certain ads on other websites because we engage third-party advertising networks. Through such advertising networks, we can target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means. Through the ad networks, we can track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of third-party cookies, web server logs, pixels and web beacons. The networks use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our advertising networks may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve ManpowerGroup advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Sites and on third-party websites that participate in these ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn how to opt out of this ad network interest-based advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before using your information for interest-based advertising.
Our Sites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process; (ii) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request; and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Information collected through third-party plug-ins and widgets on the Sites (such as information relating to your use of a social media sharing tool) is collected directly by the providers of the plug-ins and widgets. This information is subject to the privacy policies of the providers of the plug-ins and widgets, and ManpowerGroup is not responsible for those providers’ information practices.
To learn more about how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising, please visit the consumer opt-out page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Subject to certain limitations, California residents may ask us to provide them with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, and (ii) the identity of those third parties. To make this request, California residents may contact us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we will comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate protection for the transfer of personal information to recipients in countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
For your convenience and information, our Sites may provide links to third-party sites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with ManpowerGroup. These companies may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-ManpowerGroup sites, apps or services.
Attn: General Counsel
100 Manpower Place
Milwaukee, WI 53212
If you are in the European Union, please contact:
Attn: Director of Legal Affairs, EMEA
Experis, The Helicon
One South Place
London EC2M 2RB